Friday, November 18, 2011

kira speak

just remembered this and don't want to lose it forever.

Kira's speech path came up to me in the hall while I was doing PTA stuff and said, "I have to ask this. Do you play the tuba?"

Me: um...no.

SLP: Well, Kira swears that you do. We were reading a book that had a character playing a tuba, so I asked if anyone knew someone who played the tuba. Kira said, "Mommy!" And I said, "Your mom plays the tuba!?! Really?" And Kira said, "Really." with a smug little smile and subtle nod of her head.

(I cannot do this justice in print, but I know the exact look the SLP was referring to. And I know that Kira knows that I do not play the tuba. I also know that a certain little girl likes a little extra attention during her group speech sessions.)

3 comments:

  1. LOL! A certain little girl likes extra attention--Period! (Nana)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tracy.rose@healthline.comApril 29, 2013 at 6:14 AM

    Hi,

    Healthline is interested in contributing a guest post to zipperduedeedah.blogspot.com. We would be open to contributing any blog that would be of interest to your readers. Healthline bloggers have been featured on a variety of sites including:

    Washington Times: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tango-mind-and-emotion/2012/aug/10/how-healthy-choices-easy/
    Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/036515_diabetes_strawberries_prevention.html
    Patch.com: http://strongsville.patch.com/blog_posts/where-and-what-to-eat-in-cleveland-to-beat-the-winter-blues

    Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

    Warm Regards,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete