Friday, April 3, 2009

Ted revisited - this one's for Kam

My friend Kam thinks that last post didn't do Ted justice.

Ted is an unusual kitty. He's about 23 lbs. His eyes occasionally cross and he has kind of a nervous tic where he chews on the inside of his cheek.



It doesn't matter if we feed him diet food or not, he remains a consistent 23 lbs. He does, however, have a sensitive stomach. If he gets hold of people food, he usually pukes it up a couple of hours later.



He is rather demanding. If I am sleeping and he believes himself to be hungry, he will lay on my face until I wake up. That takes about 2 seconds. If we're awake, he'll follow us around meowing until we feed him. If that doesn't work, the destruction begins. He knocks over glasses, shoves things off of tables, and so on.



He almost killed me once. My ex and I were re-doing the floors in our apartment. Everything was rearranged and the couch was shoved up under the bar. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up when the HEAVY pottery pitcher that was on the bar shattered on the floor. It missed my head by 5 inches. But, hey, he was hungry.



He is very gentle and patient with the children. He's quite the character and we love him. Here's more of Ted, so you can appreciate his full-on fluffiness.




Ted in Box






Princess Ted






Ted with Kira

(she's about 18 lbs in this picture - so Ted outweighs her by about 5 lbs here)





Ted and Rocco Jones (RIP sweet Rocco)


4 comments:

  1. I love fat cats! I have 2 that are 13 years old, and about 18 lbs each. Totally not as big as yours but big enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's the Ted I know and love!
    Thanks Wendy for making me smile with kittylove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!Love the kittys!
    You have an award on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete