Thursday, January 21, 2010

trying to be a better human and a disclaimer

So, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to try to be a better human. First up - if I don't bring my own bags, it's either paper or me carting it all out unbagged. I'm doing pretty good with this one, so far. I'm ok with the paper bags because the kids and I use them for painting, etc.

I'm also trying to creatively repurpose stuff we already have instead of buying new. That one goes hand in hand with my Out of Debt Before Christmas 2010 Resolution. We're over halfway there already! And yes, that one means you'll have to look at project pics.

And now for the disclaimer. I hate doing the dishes. And my hands are always cold. So, I run hot water while I do the dishes. I know. It's not efficient. It wastes energy and money. BUT my hands are warm and the dishes are done, man. (10 pts if you can name that movie.)

Baby steps.

Love, Wendy

P.S. A big ol' AMEN for jobs secured for my Mom and for Dave, husband to my DR buddy and all around lovely person Mary Ellen.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Wendy! I can't wait to celebrate with y'all when you become DEBT FREE!

    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so going to be your best Christmas ever!

    Don't Tell Mom...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals! I hope you never have to do the cart it out unbagged thing...that sounds like a headache if you have kids with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Wen, if you need to be a better human, I am really in trouble. ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete