Tuesday, August 4, 2009

whatcha been doing?

I haven't felt much like blogging lately. We've had lots going on and I've been scrambling to catch up.

But today's a new day and I'm feeling Christmas-y! I think we're going to have a largely handmade Christmas which means I need to get a move on.

Anyone else going handmade this year? I'd love some ideas.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

for my kids:
doorway puppet stage and puppets
felt board - I'd like to make a couple of character/prop felt kits to go along with some new books.
for Kira - doll clothes, blankets, etc. She's all about the babies right now.
for Jackson - some kind of detective kit - magnifying glass, note pad, hat - I need some more ideas here.

for my nieces:
I'm thinking about making little purses and filling them with these.

for my showing up any day now nephew - I'm crocheting a blanket.

for my little cousin who's like a nephew - possibly make some fun shaped crayons and some kind of art kit.

What else?? Help!

Also, my blogging/TMMO friend Mary Ellen gave me a lovely award and I promise to accept it officially in the next couple of days. Thank you, Mary Ellen!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! Yes, you've been gone for a while! Every year I say I want to make my gifts, but man, I never get it done. I will send you a list for me to get stuff done :)

    I checked out what you were putting in the purse. Those hair clips are so cute, I wish I had that kind of time and talent on my side. But, sadly I do not. I can crochet, but I'm still trying to finish Lillian's baby blanket. The sad thing is, it's been so long,I'm not sure if I even like it anymore :(

    Can't wait to see what award you got! Awards are fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I made bean bags for Goldie and my neice. Each one had a different farm animal, shape or texture. Then, I found tin buckets to put them in at Target for a $1. I always want to do more handmade, but it just doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have some great ideas! those hair clips are so cute! I like to do hand made gifts too but never get to them till the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed! Starting on Christmas in August is hard for me to wrap my brain around, but by the time November rolls around, I'm always too busy to make things. Thanks for the inspiration. The website you pointed to, she sure makes a lot of small stuff! Very cute! THanks for sharing. Race you to 100!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Lady! Can we set up a day where the daddies watch the kids and we do some crafts? My friend Michelle (Lucas's mom) made some really fabulous clothespin dolls for AA last March. I'm also thinking about some doll clothes and AA is into paper dolls now (from reading the Little House books). I can also teach you some really basic crochet, which is a great craft to know when you have little ones because it's easy to put down and pick up again. Talk soon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool stuff!

    I saw some cool handmade play food, made out of felt, or felted knit, on Etsy. I was thinking that might be cool to try to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. like this: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5221398

    ReplyDelete
  8. or these: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5547401

    ReplyDelete